Well the day o interviews is over and I just have to say whew! You wouldn't think that talking to people all day would wipe you out, but it sure does. I had about 45 minutes between the end of my day and dinner and I immediately passed out into such a deep sleep that I didn't even hear the Dept Chair come in to the inn to get me - the inn lady had to come up and bang on my door. I probably could have slept through the night. And now I'm back from dinner and have over 100 emails and several phone messages waiting for me. Sigh, I guess the world doesn't stop when you are out of town (especially when you are hosting an event in a week and a half that about 800 people were invited to - RSVPlicious!). So you guys are going to have to wait a day or two to get the full report. One thing I learned is that apparently there is more than just me visiting, despite my early impression, because the last candidate is coming next week so they expect to make the decision then. But all day they used language like "when you come here you'll do..." rather than "if you come" or "the new hire will" etc. The Dean even went out of his way to make copies of the blueprints for the new observatory so I could take them home with me. So either I'm their favorite or they just do a good job of making each of us feel special. I guess I'll find out soon!
In other news, I got my first official rejection email today. Sad, it actually was a school I would have been interested in checking out. But I think this hire was more physics focused so they probably went that route. Oh well, I can't expect to get nibbles from everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment