Tales of being a new faculty member, settling into a new town, and me just being me.
Monday, March 9, 2009
A case of the Mondays
In general I tend to be a stress-free person and find it pretty easy to leave work and the to-do list behind to relax for a while (perhaps a bad trait when one should be finishing a PhD). However it seems that lately every Monday has been hitting me pretty hard. Sunday is my relaxing day and I am totally able to just chill (although yesterday included 6+ hours of honor society stuff, fixing my broken cable modem, and doing laundry). But then Monday morning hits and all of a sudden I have one less week to work on the dissertation, a brand new to-do list building up, and a sudden onset of stress. Today I got to combine that with overcast weather and a low-level headache, so I've been kind of a grumbly bear all day. Fortunately I know that the best way to relieve that particular stress is to actually get stuff done, so I have managed to be quite productive today. So I guess that's a good thing. Hopefully I can accomplish a lot this week so that next Monday I will be refreshed and rearing to go! No more "case of the Mondays."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Update: Thanks to Daylight Savings Time I actually got to leave work while it was light out and it turns out that it is a lovely day today!
ReplyDeleteI remember those last months before my defense being such an intense, stressful time. It's good to work time into your week where you relax a bit, but overall it is just a tough time involving a lot of slogging through. Hang in there...
ReplyDelete