Tales of being a new faculty member, settling into a new town, and me just being me.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Another Campus Interview
Yesterday I posted that my letter writer was asked to send a letter to a place where I had a phone interview and I hypothesized that I would have to wait until those were in to find out if I get a campus interview. Well I was wrong - I got a campus interview! So I'll be headed to Kentucky sometime in the next few weeks. (Kentucky is the answer to the previous riddle about a state neighboring my home state for which I know nobody that lives there or has lived there.) They also want me to give a presentation on my research for undergrads - I guess that is the standard. As I said before I really liked the phone interview so I think that this could be a good opportunity. I would be teaching both physics and astronomy, so that's not quite my ideal job, but they do seem to have the right balance of innovative teaching, research, and service. Even though rural Kentucky is probably not my top choice of location this school is extremely close to Bourbon County! Yum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, you are doing SO GOOD. I have some friends who are looking for faculty jobs this year as well and things are looking so sour for them. Granted, they are in the humanities, which is always a tougher situation, but still... And Kentucky! I had never even really thought about Kentucky but when we drove through there both Rob and I were amazed at how beautiful it is.
ReplyDelete