Today is the first truly lovely weather day of the year. Though my computer says 79 degrees the bank on the drive in said 83, so we'll go with that. I am showing off my newly painted toenails with the first sandals of the season, and I got to pull a t-shirt out of the short-sleeved dresser this morning. Plus, all around campus the Texas Mountain Laurels are blooming. I love their strong fragrance! Last year I tried to plant a pod but I think I got it too late. I'll have to try again this season since this will be my last spring in Texas, I think!(For today we're just going to pretend that the pollen does not come along with this weather. Though maybe this means that cedar season is over.)
I'm going to see if I can hold out until the beginning of March to start the pedicure routine. I really love wearing sandals but throwing yet another self-maintenance task into the routine does sound a little overwhelming right now.
ReplyDeletePoor Niv he'll suffer quite a shock when he gets back. The weather here has considerably whiter hues. If I didn't have a trip to California planned so soon, I would resent you a little bit.
ReplyDeleteBe careful with the seeds. I heard that they're poisonous, but I don't know if that means to touch or to eat. From another post...Good luck with the job at my old college stomping grounds; I think you would be perfect for that.
ReplyDeleteas soon as i saw that photo, i got a mental whiff of the mountain laurels. they smell so lovely. springs cannot get here quick enough......
ReplyDelete