I was just told that I am on the short list and am going to have a phone interview at another place! Their deadline was Jan 15 so I figured that they weren't interested since I hadn't heard anything. I guess I was wrong! Things are actually looking pretty good in terms of my job search - of the 7 faculty positions I applied for I've had 3 phone interviews and 1 wait-list style letter so far. One of the other ones is on the rumor mill and apparently other people are doing campus visits, so no go on that. Two more I haven't heard from yet, but they had the latest deadlines. Maybe my parents are right about people liking me! I just wish they were faster so that I wouldn't psych myself out in the meantime. (I'm also waiting on two postdocs - one is not sure if they will be able to hire depending on if their current postdocs get faculty jobs elsewhere, and the other just had the application deadline on Monday.)
Yes yes, I know that I need to focus on graduating right now. The job process is much more interesting, though!
You are on a roll!. Very glad to hear... but yes, concentrate on the thesis.
ReplyDelete