My kitchen has been under construction for quite some time now, and it is now at the point that I am going to say it is basically done! The window still needs new trim, but so do all the windows in the house. I'm going to get new cabinet hardware, which should make another improvement. And the backsplash piece isn't attached, but that's intentional since the cabinets will probably move again when I redo the floor. The floor is a big project that is going to wait for a while. So for now the kitchen is done, and I spent today moving all the kitchen junk from my family room back into the kitchen, so the kitchen is a big mess again. Fortunately I took a movie of the nearly-completed kitchen a few days ago so you can see it nice and empty.
For comparison, check out the before and during photos.
(You can also see my cat's new favorite spot in the house.)
I'm excited to be in there and using my new appliances! The new layout really does open things up. It feels a bit sterile now, so I'm itching to add some color (tile backsplash, paint, etc.). But before I start any more projects I'll see how my kitchen tchotchkes liven it up first.
Pretty! Kitchen remodels are so disrupting to life because you can't eat normally during the process. Sooooo nice when it's done, though.
ReplyDeleteHooray! Looks great. I'm totally jealous of your stainless steel appliances. That's a definite for us in our next house!
ReplyDeleteWow!, hard to believe that is the same place as in the old photos. I love how simplistic Tex is for choosing his spots.
ReplyDelete