Monday, October 12, 2009

Appearances Part 2

I have started changing my philosophy on my appearance that has recently been degenerating. I think actually that the self-reflection of the blog made me realize that I don't want to go down that path. So this weekend I decided to go clothes shopping for the first time in forever. I usually love shopping, but it had been such a low priority recently. Well it turns out that I still love shopping, and especially this time since I got some great deals. I had never been clothes shopping at Kohl's before, and they are pretty darn awesome! People have been telling me that for a while, but there wasn't one near me in Austin so I never went. I am a convert now. I also scored some good stuff at Marshall's. The end result of this is that I now have cute clothes that fit my now slightly larger physique, so I am a bit more excited about getting dressed in the morning. It's amazing how a new pair of cute shoes can really improve your attitude! The other end result of the trip is that I'm horrified by the sizes that I had to buy. That was definitely an inspiration to lose the weight ASAP! So starting today I officially am deciding to put more effort into myself. This is partially for appearances (I have discovered that there are a few single guys in New Paltz...) and partially because I don't want to totally let myself go and be unhealthy. I started this morning with a cute outfit and actually cooking a good breakfast. This evening I want to walk/jog around the town a bit. It is 43 degrees outside right now (35 when I went to work this morning!!) so that will be a challenge, but I'm going to make myself do it! After all I did buy two cute new coats yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment