Monday, February 22, 2010

Bleh

This is mostly a giant complaint, but it's my blog so I get to whine every once in a while if I want to.  Today started out as one of those days when you wake up and know that you just need to go back to sleep.  But classes must be taught so life must go on.  Then it took me forever to find a parking spot; I seriously could have walked back and forth from my house twice in the amount of time it took to get a spot.  (I didn't because it's cold and I wasn't wearing walking shoes.)  And I was half falling asleep the whole time.  Then I had class, which I had not prepared enough lecture for apparently (or perhaps I rushed through it since my brain wasn't working), so I had to make up an activity for them on the spot.  And then the highlight of the day was that my previously mentioned problem student had the outburst/attack to beat them all.  I actually am not going to share the details because several of the things s/he said would classify as sexual harassment and I am not sure yet what, if anything, the department chair is going to do about it.  I am just proud of myself for holding it together and behaving professionally and respectfully toward the student.  Then I scrambled to get some grading done for my afternoon lab, which I did not finish on time for the first time in my many years of teaching.  So I had to grade labs during class to give back during class.  And I did a super crappy job of describing the lab, so the students will probably all mess it up completely.  Bleh bleh bleh.  Now I am counting down to the end of office hours.  Then I get to go to the grocery store because I am out of cat food, and decent human food too I suppose.  And I get to go to Lowe's to get a ceiling light/vent for my new bathroom since apparently the guy doing it decided that he can't do anything else until he gets it (not true and I was given no warning).

Then I am going to put on pajamas and watch the Olympics and eat a tub of ice cream, or perhaps an entire pizza and then sleep extra late tomorrow.

UPDATE: The guy working on my house just called and he is having something delivered at 7:30 tomorrow morning!! Bleh!

3 comments:

  1. Blech - I hate days like that. I hope the ice cream and/or pizza makes you feel better, and that you have a better day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, your day really blows so far, huh? Emotional student outburst-- never good. Hopefully it will turn around here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel free to vent away Amy! That's what these things are for. We've all had days like this...while today wasn't quite that for me, I'm not feeling well AT ALL, but can't take a day off as I have too much work to do. And to top it off, Evan is going out of town for the rest of the week, and Natalie's not feeling 100% either. Should make for an interesting week...

    ReplyDelete