One of the great advantages to living in New York, and particularly in the beautiful Hudson Valley (which after all did inspire an entire school of painting), is the fall season. I have been looking forward to its arrival, and I am happy to say that fall made its debut yesterday. In the morning I opened the window to find some delightfully crisp air. Last week we had a few coldish days, but they weren't that nice crisp fall feel. How does it make any sense that air is crisp? Maybe that just means low humidity. Anyway, on top of that it smelled like fall leaves.
Today it is in the mid-50s and rainy, so fall is showing its not-so-delightful side. Fortunately there is a tunnel/hallway between the building where my office is located and the building where I teach. That will be handy in the winter too. In the meantime let's hope for more days like yesterday!
No comments:
Post a Comment