Thursday, April 16, 2009

It's Official (Verbally)

Even though this happened as part of the negotiations I thought this warranted a separate post. After all the discussion about money today the Dean said that he would still need an answer from me by tomorrow so that he can start talking to other candidates if I don't work out. I was satisfied with our negotiations thus far so I went ahead and told him yes. I very soon afterward realized that might have been a bad idea because now I may have less leverage in negotiating, but it did seem to me like the Dean was going to work to get me money from the Provost regardless. And it wasn't guaranteed that he would get to talk to the Provost by tomorrow anyway. Shortly thereafter the Dean emailed the department and told them that I verbally accepted, so I guess it is official! He said that the written offer would take about 3-4 weeks to finalize so that will come later. Though it is my intention to write up an informal written summary as soon as the talks with the Provost are done.

Anyway, I am now officially (verbally) a professor starting in the fall! Scary and awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment